The Joint Pediatric Section of the AANS/CNS was started to promote, honor and serve pediatric neurosurgeons. We are a faction of the AANS/CNS membership organizations and provide the following benefits:
- to enhance and assure the advancement of the subspecialty of pediatric neurosurgery
- a forum for the exchange of ideas
- to advance education, research, and patient care
As part of the AANS/CNS effort to promote international education and collaboration in pediatric neurosurgery, we would like to make you aware of InterSurgeon, a web platform developed by pediatric neurosurgeons to promote collaborations in global neurosurgery. Please visit the International efforts section of the website or the InterSurgeon website for additional information.
It is with great sadness that we learned of the passing of Dr. Luis Schut, one of the founding members of North American Pediatric Neurosurgery. Please read this important announcement from our Chair Mark Proctor HERE.
The Spring 2018 ShortCuts Newsletter is now available. Click HERE to download.
Honor Your Pediatric Mentors through the Neurosurgery Research & Education Foundation (NREF) Honor Your Mentor fund. This is your opportunity to acknowledge those who have established the specialty by aiding those who will follow. To learn more about the honored pediatric mentors and the research they dedicate themselves to, please visit the Honor Your Mentor page for A. Leland Albright, James Rutka, or Karin Muraszko and donate today. Don’t see your mentor on the list? To establish a new fund, please contact Joanne Bonaminio at 847.378.0541 or via email at email@example.com.
Save the Date for the Fifth Annual Advance Pediatric Provider Pediatric Neurosurgery Conference on April 19-20, 2018 at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, featuring keynote speakers Philipp Aldana MD, Jonathan Roth MD, and Rachana Tyagi MD! Click HERE for more information.
- Save the Date for the 47th Annual AANS/CNS Section on Pediatric Neurological Surgery Meeting in Nashville, TN from 12/6/18 to 12/9/18. Please note that due to the response from a Section member survey, for the first time this year’s meeting will take place from Thursday through Sunday. The Meeting Hotel will be the Omni Nashville. See the Program Highlights flyer HERE.
- Abstract center OPENS on May 24, 2018 and CLOSES August 6, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. CDT.
- Submit your Abstract or Collaborative Research Proposal
- Abstract Submission Guidelines and FAQs
- Collaborative Research Proposal Submission Guidelines and FAQs
- Change in Presenting Author Form